Awarded the 2015 Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor for being the Highest Rated Speciality Accommodation in San Diego!
International Traveler’s House was founded to create memorable, authentic and unique experiences for travelers. We do this through taking guests on FREE adventures and providing complimentary hot breakfasts and home cooked dinners. Daily activities include surfing lessons, sailing, snorkeling, hiking, yoga beach trips, pub-crawls and more!
Conveniently located in eclectic Hillcrest for travelers looking to enjoy amazing international restaurants, diverse shopping and amazing thrift stores. The closest hostel to the famous San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park, we are perfect for international students or explorers looking to be centrally located.
Our social lounges are equipped with billiards tables, darts, art chalk walls and a TV for your ultimate relaxing space. Our indoor courtyard has a retractable roof, letting the sunshine flood in. Our quiet library is great for students. We have several room options, including dorm style rooms and female only rooms. We have multiple male and female restrooms so guests can always have a hot shower. We also have free Wi-Fi, computers and iPads for guests.
By staying at ITH, you become a part of a community dedicated to creating global, cultural and community centric sustainable relationships. You are also supporting the sustainable measures we strive to implement in each of our hostels. For example, we grow organic vegetables, incorporate locally sourced food when possible, and integrate recycling and composting programs. Feel free to check out our rooftop garden.
Being a guest at ITH is an experience. We keep our prices affordable so we can share this unique experience with as many travelers as possible. We regularly host many long-term international guests and students.
Guests over 18 with a valid passport and travelers that reside outside of San Diego County are welcome.
Address 1: 3751 6th Avenue
City: San Diego - California
Postal Code: 92109
Contact Name: Bobby Dyer
- Audio / Visual equipment rental
- Automated teller (ATM)
- Baggage storage
- Concierge desk
- Fitness room
- Gift shop
- Laundry service
- Meeting rooms
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Rock Climbing Pull Up Exercise
- Stationary Bike
- Outdoor Courtyard with Retractable Roof
- Roof Top Garden
- Pool Table
- Guest Kitchen
- Organic Garden
- Free Wifi
- Free Breakfast
- Free Dinner
- Free Towels
- Free iPads
- Equipment Rentals
- Surfing Trips
- Sailing Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Mountain Trips
- Free Activities
- Pub Crawls
- Coin Laundry
- Happy Hour Tours
- Sight Seeing Tours
- Local Discounts
- Local Advice
- Social Activities
- 24 Hour Security
- Snorkeling Trips
- Organic Products
- Mexico Trips
- Brewery Tours
- Friendly Staff
- Memory Foam Beds
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 04:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Property and Cancellation Policies:
Partial Charge - First Night Stay - If cancelled within 1 days of arrival
Terms and Conditions
- Prices and Taxes: All reservations and taxes must be paid in full prior to check-in. For a reservation to be confirmed, the first night and taxes associated with the first night must be paid at the time the reservation is made by the guest. A valid credit card is required with all reservations to cover any incidentals that may occur during the guests reservation.
- Payment and Terms at Check-in: Guests will pay for the remaining balance of their room at check-in and be given a full tour of the property and amenities available. At Check-out, guests will inform reception that they are checking-out. If any damaged occurred during the guest's reservation, the damages will be charged at check-out or at the manager's discretion.
- Traveling with Minors: All guests must be at least 18 years old to stay at the ITH Zoo Hostel
- Parking: The Hostel does not have on-site parking. There are a variety of parking options both free and paid surrounding the Hostel. Please contact reception for the best parking options depending on when you will arrive.
- Hostel Events: Events are good times are a priority at our Hostel. We often host multiple events each month. Everyone is welcome to join in our events.
- Dispute Resolution/Problems: If any issues or disputes arise, please contact the management
- Use of Personal information: All guests staying with us release liability for the use of photos that they are pictured in. The Hostel randomly takes photos of just having a great time and uses these photos for future marketing and promotions. If you do not want to be included in the fun photos. Please let the camera man know. Email addresses used for reservation will be added to our ITH Rewards and Discounts Program which offers guests deals and promotions for future stays at ITH.
- Liability: ITH Hostels does not assume liability for any theft, damages or injuries occurred while staying at our properties.
- Waiver: All guests are required to sign the ITH Liability Waiver at check-in
- No Local Residents: All guests staying with us must reside from outside of San Diego County and be able to provide proof of onward travel either via plane, bus, or train tickets.
- ITH reserves the right to adjust or cancel any reservation due to unexpected circumstances. We will do our best to notify the customer at least 24 hours prior to their reservation.
- ITH is a private business and is allowed by law to refuse service to any customer or patron.
- ITH reserves the right to charge a guest for any damages he or she may have caused to the property during their stay.